Introduction to the Accelerated Business/Product Development Process: A Roadmap for Business Development
Most business development classes encourage participants to focus on writing a business plan. Seedling to Start Up takes a unique approach to business/product development by providing you a roadmap to imagine, test, develop and launch or relaunch your business or product idea. Each week, you will attend a Zoom session that provides an overview of the key terms, concepts and strategies associated with a specific stage of the business development process. Weekly class sessions offer you opportunities to ask questions, share your challenges and insights, and connect with a network of like-minded entrepreneurs that can provide you mutual support and motivation. Following the Zoom sessions, you will have access to modules which include online presentations, downloadable exercises and reflection questions that are intended to move you through the steps of creating or reinventing your business or product idea. After completing this series, you will be able to:
- Identify the stages entrepreneurs go through to create, test, validate, and launch a successful business or product idea.
- Conduct an initial assessment of the factors influencing your potential business or product idea.
- Understand the importance of understanding customer needs, problems, or emerging opportunities before launching a business or product idea.
- Employ an innovator’s mindset to identify potential business options and possibilities.
- Craft a compelling elevator pitch for your business or product idea.
- Use market research techniques to test and validate your business or product idea.
- Describe the financial concepts and terms associated with creating and operating a business.
- Identify and organize the people processes, systems and procedures to support the successful launch of your business.
- Identify key performance indicators to help you to monitor and evaluate the performance and success of your business or product idea.
During this information session you will have the opportunity to:
- Meet the facilitator and other participants.
- Learn more about the content, organization and learning objectives of the series.
- Learn how to access weekly online series content and prepare for weekly zoom session.
- Review course expectations and discuss potential outcomes.
- Ask questions.